My stay at home adventure has been interesting. It is horrible when they are sick, but in the summer? C'mon. Just plain mean. I am usually good at limits. I know mine. I know my girls. But, by day 6, we had to push those limits just a tad. We had done every activity we could think of indoors and well, honestly, we were just burnt out.
Blow up boats while dressed in last years Halloween costume. Yep, we were grasping folks.
It was time to break out the craft tub and enjoy the warm sunshine and just hope and pray that the hives would stay at bay. They didn't, but a couple of doses of zyrtec later, and it was all good. So, maybe I pushed the limit a little too far, but the smiles and stories that came from our day of semi-normal day were worth each and every extra nose wipe and hive.
Sarah "look mom, it is the crystal blue sea"
A little Bear just went and got all fish on me. She wanted the goggles and with goggles came underwater swimming. And to think that at the beginning of the summer, she wouldn't get off the steps at the pool.
Nana had a birthday this weekend and instead of baking her a cake full of sickness, we went for ice cream instead. I hate I didn't have my camera at the playground stop, because I could have shown you just how old she is. So, use your imagination and think of a Barney on springs. Yep, she and Sarah were bouncing back and forth. Laughter just rolling from their mouths. I did, however, have the camera at the ice cream stop. Looks like they enjoyed those cool treats.
My second cup of morning coffee awaits. Tomorrow(fingers crossed), we get back to our normal schedule. Whatever that may be. It certainly comes in all shapes, colors and sizes for us. Just the way it should be.
Happy week.
2 comments:
you don't know your limits. quit trying to make everyone happy.....even on your blog. Still love you!!!!!!!
I am so sorry you all have been fighting nasty germs the last few weeks. We are ready for a playdate when you all get healthy and ready for fun again! Hugs to you all!
Post a Comment