In the past two weeks, I have placed a baby tooth under a pillow, watched as not only one, but two sweet girls swing alone. As in, by themselves. No need for mommy pushes. Ouch. And, I go this Thursday to register my first born for Kindergarten. Double Ouch. While these are all wonderful, amazing things about parenting, they are also the same ones that make me want to turn back time. To keep them small forever. To stay where we are. Right now.
I smile. I see wonderful things for this girl. Her future as bright as her smile. Her compassion and love for others is one of the things I most love about her. We spent the afternoon together outside yesterday. Just the two of us. It was wonderful to watch her carefree spirit run and create and pretend.
As spring sneaks up on us, we have enjoyed a couple of beautiful teasers. It is amazing what some outside time can do for the soul. Two girls loved getting their hands back in the dirt and we look forward to planting our garden and bringing color and beauty to our place with flowers.
I hope that all of these amazing new places our lives are taking us welcome us with open arms. We
certainly plan to accept and enter with our most supportive and excited hearts. What's the best part of each and every new milestone we reach? They will all have a right now. A place to imprint on our hearts and keep us looking forward to the next.
Happy Week!




1 comment:
Our babies are growing up. Wait until she wants to do car drop off line instead of having you walk her in. :( That's where we are at now. Luckily we haven't lost any teeth yet, so she's still all 'baby' teeth. :)
Post a Comment