Each New Year, I make the same resolutions. Loose Weight, spend less money, you know, the same ole same ole. BUT, this year I plan to work on those things, just a little less than my main focus. I want to work on being more aware of my time and self to my family. Not only in actions outside of the home, but in the home as well. I'm not sure how that will work as I am your typical type A personality. I am sure it will present challenges, but I am going to give it a go. You see, I have these two girls that are growing so fast. I mean at the speed of light fast. And I can't get that back. Ever. I plan to leave the crumbs on the kitchen floor a little longer. The laundry folded in the basket. The dust may become evident on things. It just doesn't matter. Because in the end, this is what really matters...
Airplane giggles on mommies feet high in the air
Extra lazy weekends where brownie mix stained pj's are the choice clothing
I'm not exactly sure, but I think the Bear might be ready for a horse. What do you think?
These girls are so close. It has become so evident over the past few weeks. My play time is less required. I am not playing referee near as much as I used to. The need for mommy and daddy are still there, but when there is trouble, these two look to each other. It makes me so proud to see it.
i love watching them console one another..
So, there you have it. Stick around this year. I bet it is going to be a pretty grand one. We have a little girl that is getting ready to have a birthday. Can't wait to see her blow out those candles. She is ready. And she is going to be two. Already. Yes, that is crazy fast. Those two years came and went. By the time she is three, I hope that you can write your name in the dust on my end tables. (not really, but you get my drift.)
I have the day off today. I sent the Bean and Bear to the babysitter. Gonna work on things today so I have lots of time to play later. Less spreading myself thin. That is my New Year's Resolution. It starts at home. I'll let you know how it is going. But I can tell you, it already feels good and I see lots of smiles in this house everyday that tell me they like it too.
Goodbye for now. I'll be back soon. Until then, take time to love and commit to your family more this year. Remember they are only little like this for a short while. If I can do it, ANYONE can.
1 comment:
I like the saving $ part. The page looks great! I will get the crumbs up and wipe the dust off for you...when I'm not outside building the moat around the house. Thanks for working on this. Love you......
Post a Comment