Sunday, June 19, 2011

Fine by me

Our weekend was not quite what we had planned. The weather kind of had something to do with that. And so did some funky viral mess that blessed us as well. I really thought we were out of the woods, but I guess not. However, we don't let it stop us and the girls, well, you would have NEVER known anything was wrong with them.

Saturday before the fevers set in (so, so sorry Tracey), we visited the grand celebration of 75 years at Hungry Mother Park. It was so nice. We love it out there and spend lots of time with all of the park family. Nature and playgrounds are two of our favorite things. Even though she is going to kill me, I got some great photos of our unplanned meet up with the Armbristers.









Sunday was just as it should be since it was Fathers Day. A daddy spent time playing with his girls and playing with his new toy. The girls made him cupcakes at Pre-school and we made a fun dip and cake for him today as well. We love to celebrate him. He is the best. Two little girls sure think so anyway!


Our plan wasn't to stick around the house all weekend, but it just turned out that way. I really didn't mind. We are taking a little road trip at the end of the week, so I worked on getting ready for that. Sometimes life just knows when to slow you down. I guess it was time.

Sunday afternoon the rain finally went home and the sun decided to come out. I just sat and watched as my two laughed and ran and tackled and loved. Their stories are so fun to listen to. They love each other so much.




It has been a good weekend. Sunday was special. Sunday was sad. I am so lucky to celebrate the memory of one wonderful father and yet, still be able to call a father to wish him well on his special day. Missing one and beginning a wonderful new adventure with another.

Another low key weekend. But so very full. And that is just fine by me.



Happy Week.

1 comment:

Sweet life with boys said...

I love the picture of Ms. Tracey! It is as awesome as she is:) I also love the flower and butterfly picture-beautiful! You are really turning into a great photographer!