
Our conversation this morning with she, her big sister and I went something like this...
Me: Happy Birthday. How does it feel to be four?
Olivia: I don't want to be four.
Me: But why?
Olivia: Because when you get four, a mommy can't hold you anymore.
Insert big sister..
Sarah: Oh sissy. That's not true. Mommy will still be able to hold you when you are big and grown up. You can just sit right on her lap. It will all be OK. (She is so amazing in her role as big sister)
Olivia: Mommy, can you hold me now.
Me: Oh yes baby girl. Now and always.
So, our party mode ends. The snow continues to fall. And fall. And fall. Looks like a lazy, stay home kind of day again tomorrow. We won't be bored though. A house full of new toys and growing imaginations will come in handy over the next few days. I have cherished and nurtured the past year. I continue to watch her grow. And wonder where on earth the time goes. It is so precious. Our one and most important time in our life with our babes. Nothing makes me happier. The smiles and pure joy that I see in their eyes when I love them or hold them. Now and always.
Happy Week!





No comments:
Post a Comment