Where to start? How about our wonderful beach trip. Lot's of sunshine and seagulls were the setting for our fun, short vacation this lovely May week. I can't imagine spending four hours on the beach with my kiddos in July/August. The weather was wonderful and so mild. We were on the beach for hours and didn't even realize it. Both girls loved the sand and the ocean. We built sandcastles, dug pretend lazy rivers and played scary monster on the wide open beaches. It was wonderful. We ate the best food and I believe the Bear ate her weight and then some in crab legs. That girl put it away. The Bean was not afraid of anything. She took right to that water and was a fish in no time. Her braveness scares me sometimes. Really...
After a much longer trip home than down(isn't that how it always goes?)we were home and glad of it. Our travels are fun, but getting home is just as special. I know two little girls that missed their beds.
Oh, and folks with us, it isn't a vacation until we have spent time at the ER or some Urgent Care. Yep, Andy and the Bear spent four hours at the ER for and ear infection. But she is feeling much better.
Friday morning was exciting as we spent time at our new school. It was so much fun and I am very happy with the program. I just know the girls are going to do well there.
Saturday we had a wonderful walk with the March Of Dimes. This is an amazing organization and they help so many children. My nephew is one of them. You wouldn't believe the people that came out to walk. The day was beautiful and the smiles were all over the faces of everyone involved.
Of all the fun things I did this week, I have to say that Sunday was my favorite. Mother's Day. My day. The day that I celebrate those two precious beings that God so graciously granted me. My day could not have been any better. My wonderful hubby saw to it. Baking pies in the kitchen is a wonderful way to start the day off. Crafting while the sun is setting is a wonderful way to end it. The in between was just as delicious as the beginning and ending as well. Numerous, out of the blue "Happy Mother's Day Momma's" came from the Bean's mouth. I still can't believe they are mine some days. I watch them, thinking to myself that life doesn't get any better than this. And you know what? It doesn't. My life is so full. So hectic. So amazing. Together, all of these things give me peace. A comfort and security that I cherish. I have an amazing life. Being a wife and a mother is so much more than I ever knew it could be.
Thank you my sweet girls. It is because of you two that I am able to celebrate this wonderful day they call Mother's Day.
Hope your week is wonderful. Stay tuned later this week. Big surprises at the Blevins household....
2 comments:
I'm glad you enjoyed your week of Kelly-pa-looza, you deserve it more than anyone I know. As if you don't have enough going on with work, and 2 small children, along with being a perfectionist and a clean freak you have to put up with me (LOL). I want to Thankyou for ALL you do for us and I want tyou to know just how much the girls and I love you!!!!!!!!!!
Your beach pictures are as precious as your girls! Glad you all had fun:) Sounds like they gave you the royal treatment for Mother's Day-you deserve it because you truly are a great Mom.
Post a Comment