Monday, May 30, 2011

The Weekend(Extended)

Long weekends are fun. They are the perfect chance to live the weekend life just a little longer. This past "long" weekend we did just that.


From the beginning to the end, we crammed in the fun and loved every minute of it. The weather screamed summer and we soaked up as many rays as we could. You know it's a good weekend when your outside time trumps your inside time. Outside won.

Our friends joined us for good food and fun on Saturday evening after the girls and I spent a couple of hours at the pool. It was so much fun. Unfortunately, this good momma didn't have her camera. What can I say? I was out numbered and pictures were actually low on the priority list. But, it was big fun and I can tell you, we will be spending lots of time there this summer.

Smiles and laughter filled our home outside this Saturday evening. I laughed and smiled as I watched children play together and grown ups laugh at stories. The kind of laughing you get when you are just getting to know people. New friends. It is what makes us grow. I hope to enjoy many other fun activities with these friends. I know our girls sure do.






















































Sunday welcomed us with a spur of the moment decision to play hooky from church. We don't do that normally. We really love our church and our new family. It was just one of those mornings where, well, we just wanted to be us. You know after all the extended activity of the weekend, you just need to sit back, and breathe. It was a true breath of fresh air and two little girls decided that they had pretty cool parents.



That evening was a celebration. A little princess turned 1. She is a doll. You can feel her smile all over you when she presents it. I love this family. So much. And they love mine too. My Bear did something amazing. She was so brave. I know how very scared she was to try riding Maggie the Mule, but she did it. Shy smile and all. I loved it. I loved the way it felt when she was sitting there in front of me. I could feel her breath become more rapid as Maggie sped up. I could tell by her laugh, that at any moment she was going to beg to get down. But she didn't. She sat high and proud on that Mule. She is growing up. So, so fast.








Monday we spent the evening with family. More outside playing and laughing. Our place was full of happiness and love this weekend. I hope to have many more weekends like it. This summer has started off just great. I can't begin to tell you how much I love watching my two. Each outing they become more brave. New territory to be found. So much to do. I love watching them grow up here. It is beautiful. It is a home full of love and trust.





I am not going to lie. I decided that at my age, the slip and slide is NOT a good idea. I am hurting. Bad. But you know what? I don't care. Each time my muscles ache, so do my jaws. Because I have had a constant smile on my face all weekend. I couldn't ask for more. Smiles are, after all, contagious. And wonderful.



Happy Week!

1 comment:

EMPIREVENDING33 said...

I for one had a ggrreeaatt weekend. (I hope to be able to walk/move normally by next weekend lol) I love you!!!!!!!

PS. tell Mandi to quite laughing so darn much at me on the slip-n-slide.