Wednesday, May 2, 2012

38 and Thankful

Birthday's are special. If you are young or old. Living another year is a blessing.

I remember when 38 seemed oh so old. Ha. Yeah, not so much anymore. I love numbers. I love to compare time and where I am in comparison to friends, family, ect. For example. When my mother was 38, I had graduated high school. When she was 40, she became a grandmother for the first time. A good friend of mine is one year older than me. Yep, 39. She, too became a grandmother last year. I just finished potty training one of my children last year. Differences that make us all the same really. So, we celebrate whether young or old. With children or grandchildren. IMG_0215 my sweet mother in law and I pretty much share a birthday

Yesterday was a perfect day for me. I spent it with my girls. We had so much fun. Just the three of us. The evening brought a dinner date with Andy at our most favorite restaurant with my favorite glass of wine and our undivided attention to one another. I love that man so much. I am so glad to be 38. So glad to be in this place in my life. With comfort, love and all the security I could hope for. IMG_0307 IMG_0310 IMG_0317
IMG_0285 a little something for myself for my special day

Tonight the Palooza continues as Nana, the girls and myself celebrate Chuck E Cheese style. I.cannot.wait! Thank you friends and family for all of the phone calls and messages. I cherish everyone of them.

I say bring on another year. I want to do new things in the year to come. Make new relationships and deepen the ones I have. More freckles(age spots really) and wrinkles. Perfection at it's best. I am so very thankful to be here and for each and every one of my imperfections. IMG_0296 Happy Hump Day!

No comments: