Thursday, January 17, 2013

White Blanket..Black Out

It started snowing today. Not slowly, but in buckets. Beautiful white blankets formed outside before our eyes. Part of me loves this. It is a good reason to stay in our pajamas and string lights from one end of the playroom to another. Making a "pretend" outdoor movie theater as the bean says.
 


Tonight, as I lay here in the pitch dark of our home (no power), I listen to the heavy breaths that my little ones take. So thankful for a husband that keeps a fire going to keep us warm and cozy. Thankful for the fun we can find in even the darkest moments. We are so blessed and so cozy in this beautiful place we call home.

Tomorrow brings sunlight and two little girls that can't wait to hit the snow full force. Truly appreciating this beauty that God has blessed us with.

For now, I am still. Nothing to interrupt or consume me. Just the sound of breathing babes and my heart so full..

Be safe and stay warm!





No comments: