BUT, we have missed our Ms. Tanya and all of our other friends. It has been three weeks since we have seen them, so it was time for a reunion. And a reunion it was. The girls were so excited to see their "other" family. Hugs and kisses were the thing and little girls and boys made way of their time together. I, too miss Ms. Tanya. I find myself picking up the phone each day to call in. It was always our thing. That mid-day chat. My way into a little piece of what the girls had been up to that day. My girls have been with her from the beginning. When a mommy was working and couldn't be there, Ms. Tanya was there. We have been so blessed to have her and we are so thankful that our Bean and Bear were cared for by her. She is honestly the next best thing to mommy. And a dear, dear friend.
We got a new toy and the Bear found it fit to include Honey in the fun. That poor puppy. She is such a trooper. She is fitting in just fine though.
Saturday morning while I worked, Daddy, the girls and Grandpa had some gardening to do. Thanks to our "fairy" Godmother, they had all the appropriate gardening utensils. The Bear was very specific about the items she wanted to plant this year. Carrots, onions, tomatoes and pizza. Pizza seeds are really hard to come by, so we opted for sunflowers instead.
photos by daddy
I love our garden. It is something I have never done before and I have learned so much. I really want to try canning this year. My in-laws are pros and I hope they will share some of their secrets with me.
Life has settled down a bit for us. Music class is over, the summer is well on its way and we hope to get our camper out and ready for some late night stories and smores.
Looks like a warm, wonderful week ahead of us. Enjoy the sunshine. Plant some flowers, or maybe even a garden. And, if it fits in your schedule, have a reunion with someone you have missed. Chances are, they have missed you too.
1 comment:
We had a great day, but one very important person was missing. The girls and I always enjoy our saturdays when you have to work, but you are never out of our thoughts or hearts. They are soooo glad when its time for you to come home (I am too). As for the last line of your blog....Please remove it, it could give people the wronng idea(LOL). I love you!!!!!!
Post a Comment