It started with a date night for Andy and I on Friday. We did something we have never done together. We went to a Haunted House. It was so much fun. We tripled dated with the Worley's and the Pickett's. I am going to to take a chance and speak for everyone in the group and say that Mandi and I were the targets. Oh my. My head and throat finally stopped hurting around 10:00 am on Saturday. Good times!! Thank you to Grandma and Grandpa for the "free" night!
Saturday was stay at home and do nothing. Our kitchen got a real work out and I am pretty sure we ran the dishwasher three times. A record for us. And that doesn't even count the hand washed dishes we did. Baking, accompanied by grilling left us with some wonderful eats!
If you have never visited http://www.ourbestbites.com/, DO! You will be in love. I got these beauties from their site. So cute, fun and delicious!
Candy Corn Sugar Cookie Bites




I sometimes think we are feeding the Duggar family when my husband cooks. We like to have plenty for the week. As yummy as this chicken turned out, I don't know that it will make it two days. Sarah ate four legs herself. I am serious. Girl loves her chicken.

Resting was top on our list this weekend too. At any given time, you could go into a room and find a little girl asleep. Just minutes before, belly laughing and playing. Fun is hard work.

Sunday afternoon landed us outside for play. Not long because as the sun went down, so did the temperatures. But we took what we could get. Even if it was just for a bit. We packed lots of fun in. That is for sure!








I can honestly say I didn't over do it this weekend. If anything, I only did things I enjoy. Family time, Church, cooking and rest. I really wish it were Friday again. I just want to do it all over.

Happy Week!
1 comment:
I also wish we could do it all over again, not this weekend but the past 5-6 years, and I wouldn't change a thing!!!! I love you.
Post a Comment