Sunday, January 8, 2012

Big changes

With the new year, our family has big news. I have officially left my fourteen year career to take on a new, exciting role. I will be staying home with our girls. This decision was actually much easier than I thought it would be. I do have a sad heart on some level. The girls I worked with are more than that. They are family. In the true sense. We have shared so many things and made so many fond memories. But, my home family deserves this. I have such a wonderful feeling about our decision. Prayer, along with just plain life has made it possible and I am so thankful for this opportunity.

The girls are over the moon excited. Each day leading up to my last, they would ask every morning, "is this the day you stay with us"? It felt like it took forever to get here, but it did and I have big plans for us. A little bit of fun, incorporated with some learning will occupy our days.

The Christmas holiday was amazing. Our house was under magic overload. The girls didn't stop to breath for three days straight and neither did I. Being with them and our families was so special. It seems like the holidays roll around faster each year. It makes me realize just how fast time is going. They are growing up right in front of me and I don't even realize it. Only one more reason to relish in this sweet time I am getting to be with them.

I don't know what expect or how different this will be, but I intend to take a hold of it and just go. I will let my mommy instincts take over and give it my all. Understanding that everyday will be different. Some days will be much harder than others and I am under no illusions that tears won't be shed and feelings hurt. I am going to be playing referee a lot. But, I will use those opportunities to grow. For all of us.

So, with this new chapter in our lives, we shall spend quality time just being us and one day I hope they will know how precious this time is and always remember that I am/was ever so grateful for this amazing adventure.

No comments: