Saturday, January 21, 2012

A Family Portrait

We have an 8x10 frame that sits on an accent table in our foyer. I has been the home to many photos. Mostly of the four of us. Maybe a couple of just the girls in there... Anyway, I recently replaced those regular photographed pictures with a much more special, original print. The Bear loves to draw people. She is always making stick figures of everyone we know. This particular paper of stick figures made my heart leap out of my chest when I saw it. She drew our "family". The four of us plus our puppy. It is so sweet and prettier than any professional photograph I have seen. I just love it. Our family.

IMG_8576


***********************

I enjoyed a girls night out with my bank friends this past week. I have missed them so much. Dinner and a movie was a short, but sweet and fun evening. If you haven't seen Joyful Noise, I highly recommend it. It is such a spirit lifting, can't hold still kind of movie. I love my new job and don't miss work at all. I just miss them.

Dinner with friends Friday night was a wonderful way to end the week. It was the kind of evening where the food was amazing and the relaxing afterwards was the cherry on top. Such wonderful conversation with wonderful people that we look forward to spending time with anytime we can.

A fun impromptu trip for the four of us to a new pizza place and cupcakery ended our Saturday night with full, full tummies! So much fun.

The crafting has continued as well. I finally put my tools away and took a break. That is one reason I can't start things like this. I get started and I can't stop. I just want to keep going. Fixing a fun banner or any type decoration I can think of. I stopped at St. Patricks Day. Easter will wait a month or so. Maybe....

IMG_8588

We don't have much planned this week. I hope to start working on some closet organization. Maybe a field trip to Hands on Museum. Not sure. No matter what it is, I feel so right doing this. Just being with them and seeing and hearing all the things I missed out on before. Getting to be with them is truly a blessing.

Happy Week!

No comments: